A.R. Mazzotta Employment Specialists has an employee donation program that, throughout the years, has become a total success all around. Employees look forward to participating each year and find it very rewarding. To top it off, non-profit organizations receive much-needed donations.
Here’s how it works.
At the end of our fiscal year, the company announces a specific dollar amount that is awarded to each employee, and that money is donated in the employee’s name to a charity of his or her choice. Our team really enjoys this special way of giving back, and we always end up with a diverse list of non-profits and charities that we donate to.
This year, our employee donation program contributed to the following non-profit organizations:
- MARC Community Resources – Middletown, CT
- PATH Parent-to-Parent of CT / Parents Available to Help, Inc.
- Connecticut Humane Society
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Wishes on Wheels Truck Convoy
- Thomaston Pantry – Thomaston, CT
- Ray of Light Farm – East Haddam, CT
- The Shoreline Soup Kitchens & Pantries
- DeFilo Children’s Education Fund
The above list of non-profits is in addition to the many other wonderful organizations we support throughout the year. Serving the communities where we work and live has been part of our culture since we opened our doors 45+ years ago! Our community-minded spirit started with founder Arlene Mazzotta’s grandmother, who knitted caps and sweaters for World War II soldiers. That philosophy of caring lives on and is an integral part of who we are as a company today.
Our team looks forward to another successful employee donation program next year!