The American Staffing Association has an information-packed Research & Data section on their website. From surveys and analysis to a members’ Resource Library, it features helpful content of all kinds for staffing industry professionals.
Let’s take a look at some of ASA’s recent industry statistics for the entire U.S. and Connecticut:
National employment statistics
- In an average week, over 3 million temporary and contract employees work for America’s staffing companies.
- Most work full-time (76%), which is comparable to the overall workforce (82%).
- 9 out of 10 employees said staffing work made them more employable.
- The average wage is more than $17/hour – with some making more than $100/hr.
- Staffing employees represent many industry sectors – Industrial (37%), Clerical/Administrative (28%), Professional/Managerial (13%), Engineering/IT/Scientific (13%), Health Care (9%).
CT employment statistics
- Staffing firms create over 25,000 jobs in CT each week.
- The gender of employees is evenly split 50/50 between male and female.
- 40% of temporary workers in CT are in the 25-44 age group.
- Average annual earnings per job is $39,554.
- Total annual sales is $1.6 billion (for 2013).
It’s clear that staffing companies and the workers they employ have a big impact on U.S. employment and economic growth. If you’re a job seeker looking for employment with the help of a staffing company, visit our Job Opportunities page. If you’re an employer looking to partner with one of CT’s top staffing companies, A.R. Mazzotta can help.
[Sources: ASA website – 2014 CT State Fact Sheet; Staffing Industry Statistics]