Recruiting technology is changing at breakneck speed. Is your company keeping pace?
Up until a few years ago, job boards were the “latest and greatest” way to connect with job seekers. The advent of smart phones, free online video technology and social media, however, has created yet another paradigm shift in recruiting.
While job boards should remain part of your recruiting mix, consider incorporating the following emerging media to attract and recruit the best talent:
Online interview technology has revolutionized the hiring process. This cost-effective tool allows you to rapidly connect with viable candidates anywhere, while greatly simplifying interviewing logistics. Instead of spending valuable time and money on travel, you can now use services like Skype and TokBox to virtually meet applicants and determine their potential early on in the recruiting process.
According to statistics from Pew Research Center, 83 percent of Americans own cell phones. Nearly half of them (44 percent) use their mobile devices to get access to the internet. Leverage mobile technology to reach potential job seekers anytime, anywhere by sending text alerts about your job openings and recruiting events. Additionally, you may want to consider making your website more “smart phone friendly,” so that it facilitates the job search and application processes.
Digital video enables you to get your company’s message across like no social media tool can. By allowing candidates to literally see and hear what the true employee experience is like, video offers a powerful way to influence and engage potential candidates:
- Use online videos to enrich your online job postings.
- Add video clips of your offices, production facilities, etc.
- Interview current employees about what it’s like working for your organization.
- Demonstrate ways you take care of your employees, work for the greater good and/or stay on the cutting edge of your industry.
To ensure your videos are viewed, add them to your homepage, job postings and social media, or use QR codes to direct job seekers to them.
Twitter can help you contact candidates in real time by instantly broadcasting or “tweeting” available jobs. If you have a Twitter account:
- Search for relevant hashtags that qualified candidates might be using and integrate them into your tweets. Tools like Search.Twitter.com, Twubs and Tagalus can help you identify hashtags your target candidates may be using.
- Shout out new job listings. Services like jobshouts.com and jobamatic.com allow you to automatically feed new job listings to your Twitter account. You can even add custom prefixes and hashtags to make the content more user-friendly and searchable.
Recruiting technology will continue to evolve at a rapid pace. If, like many employers, you find this rate of change intimidating, remember that you don’t have to go it alone. As a leading Connecticut employment agency with over 40 years of experience, A.R. Mazzotta can help you win the war for talent.
With offices in Westbrook, Middletown and Wallingford, we are strategically located to provide you with the most highly-qualified and trained professionals available throughout Connecticut. Contact us today!