More companies today are looking to partner with small or minority-owned businesses because of the benefits it brings. Many states have robust supplier diversity programs that help connect small and minority businesses with government agencies or private enterprises that need their product or service. And the partnership is beneficial for both parties.
Through CT’s Supplier Diversity Program, A.R. Mazzotta is certified as a Woman Owned Business Enterprise (WBE). This means that as a woman-owned business in CT, we can help other CT businesses use our recruiting services to meet certain contract supplier diversity requirements – while building stronger communities.
What does it mean to be WBE-Certified?
For a business to become certified, the following criteria must be met:
- A woman or multiple women must own and control at least 51% of the business
- The woman owner must serve as President or CEO
- She must be active in daily management
- She must be a U.S. citizen
- The owner must have ownership and officer position for at least 6 months
So what are the benefits of working with a WBE-Certified Recruiter like A.R. Mazzotta?
- Potential tax incentives & rebates
- Fulfillment of supplier diversity requirements set forth by a federal, state or local agency or privately-held company
- Competitive advantage within minority markets – these markets are a growing part of the new business economy and employment landscape
- Greater flexibility than what larger-scale recruiters can provide
- Fresh ideas and diverse points of view from people who value the importance of personalized employment staffing