- Type: Employee
- Location: 1921 Boston Post Road Westbrook, CT 06498
- Category: Engineering
- Pay: Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Date: 04/10/2019
Project Manager / Estimator opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer who will lead the execution of capital projects, including equipment specification and sizing, documentation review, bid preparation, and providing training to contractors and owners, as needed. The ideal Project Manager enjoys working with a focused, dynamic team in a progressive environment.
The high-performance capital equipment products are used by scientists, engineers and architects. The Company needs an individual with the technical background to understand their products and their customers’ applications, who is an effective communicator, and comfortable working with architects and engineers as well as an outside sales team.
Reporting to the Director of Technical Marketing, the Project Manager / Estimator will play a leading role in the following areas:
* Develop proposals and conceptual designs for laboratory vacuum systems based on input from owners and/or design team;
* Review project documentation (engineering drawings, project manuals, specifications, etc.) to develop takeoffs and generate accurate and timely estimates for MEP contractors;
* Lead sizing and specification of pumps and related controls for applications ranging from bench-scale work to process scale unit operations;
* Ensure continued rapid growth through project execution, outstanding customer support, and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
* Review construction project RFPs/RFQs and prepare bid materials;
* Participate in the continuing evolution of the product offering;
* Provide second-level technical support to the customer service team and field sales team, as needed;
* Occasionally represent the Company at trade shows, conferences, and meetings;
* Support the sales team in presenting the Company’s products and capabilities to target accounts as needed.
* Experience with pumps or plumbing systems and process controls;
* Experience performing takeoffs and estimating / quoting projects;
* Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering;
* Experience in companies selling high-performance capital equipment products to technical customers;
* Background in commercial construction industry, chemical process industry, or in a closely related industry;
* Ability to travel to project sites and to work independently with customers (MEP contractors, owners, engineers/scientists); ability to travel abroad on occasion;
* Prior experience with takeoff software (e.g., Bluebeam Revu, On-Screen Takeoff, or equivalent), CRM software (MS Dynamics preferred), and ERP software (SAP preferred) is highly desirable.
Competitive compensation and benefits package. The position is located in the CT shoreline area.
Submit your resume today for consideration.
A.R. Mazzotta Employment Specialists is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employment agency providing job opportunities throughout CT.