If you’re currently in the market for a new CT job, you’ve come to the right place. There are plenty of resources throughout the Constitution State you can use to help make your CT job search as efficient and effective as possible.
Here are three CT job search tips to get your started. With the right attitude and some help from the resources below, we’re confident you’ll land your new job soon.
Work with a CT Staffing Agency
We’d be a bit crazy if we didn’t suggest that you use the help of an experienced CT staffing agency for your job search. A.R. Mazzotta has served the employment needs of CT companies and job seekers for over 45 years. We’re locally owned and operated with four offices throughout CT, and we employ and place over 1,000 people annually. We hang our hat on the personalized service and the customized staffing solutions we offer to the employers and job seekers we work with.
If you choose to work with us, great! And if you choose to work with another staffing agency, ask them these questions:
- Is there a charge for services? (A.R. Mazzotta services are available to candidates at no cost, ever)
- Do they place workers throughout the entire state of CT or just in certain regions?
- Ask what type of employment opportunities they offer – temporary, temp-to-hire, career placement, etc. Make sure what they offer is the right fit for your personal employment goals.
- Ask if they have dedicated service groups that specialize in a certain industry, like industrial or professional/office work
- Ask about their screening process – how do they go about matching employers with qualified job candidates? Are interviews done in person?
Take Advantage of Online Resources
There are several online job resources available for CT job seekers. Here are a few of them:
CTHires – Connecticut Dept of Labor
CT Career Fairs – sponsored by CT Dept of Labor
CTJobs.com – collection of job classifieds from local/regional newspapers
UCONN Careers – University of Connecticut
Hartford Courant – Jobs/Classifieds
Work Your Network
Reach out to your professional and personal networks and let people know you’re looking for employment. Have your contact information, resume and references handy in case anyone knows of an opportunity that’s perfect for you. Your network can be a powerful tool for landing a new job.
If you’d like to connect with the A.R. Mazzotta team, email us anytime or call any of our offices Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 5:30PM. You can also browse a few of our current job postings here. We also have many other job opportunities available that are not listed on our website.